Federal Skilled Trades Program is one of three programs which are managed by Express Entry system of the Canadian Government. An applicant must be a trade person, in order to begin the process applicant must first create an online Express Entry profile to obtain a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score and become ranked against other applicants in Express Entry pool.
Usually, FSTC applicants may have lower CRS scores than the other applicants under Express Entry — Canadian Experience Class (CEC) and Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC) because, there is no need to show the level of education. mississauga immigration lawyers is going to rationalize Eligibility Criteria for the FSTC in detail.
Eligibility Criteria for the FSTC
Federal Skilled Trades applicants must follow the below mentioned points in order to qualify for a Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa
- An applicant must have job offers from up to two employers in Canada of at least one year duration. Moreover, a candidate should have a Certificate of Qualification from a provincial or territorial body.
- Must meet the minimum requirements of language proficiency.
- Must have achieved 2 years of full-time work experience in the skilled trade in the last five years before applying.
- An applicant must be able to demonstrate the skills and experience that they have performed in the occupation.
General Skilled Trade’s Categories of the NOC:
- Main Group 72: electrical, industrial and construction trades.
- Main Group 73: maintenance and equipment operation trades.
- Main Group 82: technical and supervisor jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production.
- Main Group 92: manufacturing, processing and utilities supervisors and central control operators.
- Minor Group 632: cooks and chefs.
- Minor Group 633: bakers and butchers.
Latest September Draw
If, you have applied for Canada Permanent residency under FSTC program and you are waiting for ITA invitation. Fortunately, there is good news for you. Last Monday on September 24th, 2018 IRTC declared its Express Entry Draws and it is one of the rarest Express Entry Draws where Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) cuts off at points 284. 400 applicants have received invitation from IRTC under the Express Entry Program Sub Category Federal Skilled Traders Class.
It was one of the rarest Express Entry Draws which was announced on 24th September, 2018 as there were a total number of 400 applications invited under the Express Entry Program Sub Category Federal Skilled Traders Class with the cut off of Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points 284. The FSTC program of Express Entry, allows the applicants who have a valid job offer and are certified to work in certain occupations can get permanent residency status of Canada.